In 1912, Paul Vahle, then employed at Dortmund-based Eisen- und Stahlwerk Hoesch AG, develops the world's first copper conductor rail. He registers his invention, which also contributed to the industrial revolution, as a patent and founds his own company on April 9.
During the Second World War, Paul Werner Vahle was drafted into military service and was taken prisoner in 1945. Until his return four years after the end of the war, his wife Maria runs the business.
The economic miracle pays off: In 1956, VAHLE acquires the property on Westicker Straße in Kamen. By the end of the decade, both the production and the administration as well as the nearly 150 employees have moved.
The 1970s are characterized by product expansions. Among others, the light metal rail or the conductor rail U10 are developed. In addition, VAHLE equips the Transrapid and produces the millionth meter of plastic conductor rail.
In 1998, VAHLE develops the CPS system for Contactless Power Supply for inductive power transmission. At the turn of the millennium, the company with more than 400 employees has a turnover of around 52 million Deutschmarks.
As a systems supplier, VAHLE is increasingly realizing major projects. In 2015, Port Felixstowe, the busiest container port in the UK, is electrified and automated, followed in 2018 by the AIN Dubai, the largest and tallest Ferris wheel in the world.
In May 2021, VAHLE Automation GmbH, which emerged from the VAHLE DETO joint venture founded in Kufstein (Austria) in 2013, becomes a full part of the VAHLE Group.